Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Entering @ symbol on German Mac keyboard

I could not figure out how to type an @-symbol.
So I typed it in TextEdit.app and copied it. In Steam I did a right click in the textbox and pasted from there since paste from the menu does not work.

I hope that helps others with the same problem.

Andy

You should also be able to type ctrl-v to paste. Windows shortcuts work in CrossOver programs, not your operating system's shortcuts.

With the Mac German keyboard layout, you type @ using Option-l (lowercase L). Within CrossOver, we have a dilemma about what to do with the Option key. On the one hand, you might want to use it to access additional characters like @. On the other hand, you might want to send the Alt keypress to the Windows program. CrossOver provides a preference setting so you can decide how the Option key should behave. On Macs with two Option keys, you can configure each key independently. By default, CrossOver sends Alt to the Windows program when you press the left Option key and accesses additional characters using the right Option key (so it behaves like the Alt.Gr. key that's common on some non-U.S. keyboards).

So, you should be able to type @ using right-Option-l. Or, you can change the preferences to work however you prefer.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSzZ4NDl1VkxCVWhIbm4zUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9