Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Episode One issue

I noticed that the Episode One forum is very inactive, so I'll post here.

Half-Life: Episode One is practically unplayable!

It crashes every 5 minutes or less, and restarting steam or the computer won't fix anything.

It worked for me fine for at least 10 minutes. I never had any problems. And my graphics are better than I had in Half Life 2. What computer do you have? And what graphics setting? CxG version? Dxlevel?

mac book pro, 2.66 ghz intel core duo
4gb 1067 mhz ddr3
nvidia card

do you happen to run snow leopard?

Set your settings to the lowest possible, and see if it still crashes. If it doesn't, then slowly move up until you find what is causing the problem.

cfgs wrote:

I noticed that the Episode One forum is very inactive, so I'll post
here.

Half-Life: Episode One is practically unplayable!

It crashes every 5 minutes or less, and restarting steam or the
computer won't fix anything.

There was a Steam Update recently and after that update my games are behaveing the same way.
I can't play CS:Source because it hangs or crashes every 5-10 minutes every time i start it up.
I believe it's something with the steam GUI.

Come to think of it I believe I did a steam update at the same time as I upgraded to Snow Leopard, and I also noticed that the steam GUI was acting strangely. Weird I didn't put those two things together earlier.

Ok I'm at Leopard so I guess it's not a Snow Leopard-problem-only.

When you close all of the steam windows can you reopen it from clicking on the dock icon? After I upgraded to Snow Leopard I lost this ability.

I'm not sure that i understand what you mean.

But if I click the X that normally minimizes to tray. I can open steam with clicking the steam-icon in the dock.
and if i close/exit steam I can use my Dock-shortcut to reopen it or i can right-click the Crossover-icon and choose Steam from the menu.

Those things works for me. Did that answer your question?

I have Leopard and CxG 8. While Steam can get pretty annoying, I don't get either of these problems.

Yes that did answer my questions thank-you. The closing and reopening you described ceases to work after a Snow Leopard Upgrade, but apparently wasn't caused by the steam update if it works for you.

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid2gzcVRVV3lHVHZRZ2RlYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9