Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam Cannot Connect to Internet

On CrossOver 6.1 Mac, I can not connect to the Steam GUI. I get the following error message:

"Could not connect to the Steam Network.

It appears that you are not connected to the Internet, or that the Internet connection is not configured correctly for Steam."

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Was working fine but the last week or so it's been hit or miss.

Steam has been up and down since the release of Team Fortress 2. I just think their servers are overloaded lately.

I'm in 7.0 and getting the same error. I've checked and double-checked Valve's server status and they're fine, I've also logged in from a different machine multiple times.

Exact same problem here, can't get to the Steam GUI because I "Could not connect to the Steam Network."

My connection is fine, any help?

Exact same problem here !

Tried with the crossover games also without succes :(

Thanks in advance for any help

Confirmed VALVe side, servers are bursting to capacity. Leave it for a few and try again. If that doesn't work, try forwarding ports 27015-27020 TCP/UDP. For some really odd reason forwarding GAME ports helps steam to refresh.

I'm having the same problem. I can connect on my bootcamp partion. I can connect on my home PC. But crossover it will not connect. Any other suggestions besides "Valves servers arent running right?"

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUGdOTmdXVlpFVFRlY0U4YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9