Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"Ghost" Windows that do nothing appear in Exposé

Hello. I have noticed that small windows, usually completely white or black, appear while using Steam. They do nothing, and I cannot close them or do anything but select them. I can switch to them using Exposé. I don't know why they appear, but they're a visual nuisance and clutter up my screen. At the moment there are at least 4 or 5 of them lingering! I have a picture of it that I took, if that is necessary. How can I make this stop?

Speaking of which, will we ever be able to switch to Steam windows using Exposé? As it stands now, the normal Steam windows simply vanish when I use Exposé.

I am using Crossover Games 7.0.0 in OS X 10.4.11. By the way, great work - aside from these ghost windows, Steam is running really nicely now!

I have the same issue and I can confirm that it happens in both macbook (10.4.11) and macbook pro (10.5.2).

just restart Steam (not while playing because these windows are in the background so they dont really bother me)

Yes, I have noticed the same bug appearing at times, on Leopard MacBook Pro.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidHg3Y0NIVEVSaExLcHFudyIsImdkcHIiOjB9