Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam freezes every 20-30 sec

Well the old Half-Life (1.1.1.0) and Counter-Strike 1.5 work fine with CXOffice. the CD Version of HL didn`t work in the submenus, but after the update everything is fine.

Steam is a bigger problem. During install it crashed some times. And sometimes it showed a big advertising window that I couldn´t be closed. I restarted Steam sometimes and did some "killall -9 wine-preloader wineserver", then I could access the steam interface.
This is where I realized, that the slow performance didn´t only appear on the installation.
I could install Half-Life and Counter-Strike, but I had to wait 20-30 sec after every click until steam reacts. My last hope was, that perhaps the game would run normally. That was wrong.
After some Steam restarts I could start a game of CS and I had the same problem like in the interface. Unplayable. One second Action and 20-30 seconds freezing.

Anyone who knows a solution or reason to that ?

Distribution: SuSe 10.0
Crossover Office 5.0

The problem is also described here: http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4131

Check this Guide:
http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/wiwimod/index.php?page=HOWTO+Steam&back=HOWTO+INDEX+Wine+Games

Steam Works with the latest Version of Wine.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRXYyNjYzUlVYVXFTTnZjQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9