Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

registry is in use, servers are currently too busy, game is currently unavailable

Running Steam GUI under CrossOver 6.2.0 on SuSE 10.1

Opening downloaded games has been failing every time with "game is currently unavailable", so I removed Steam and re-installed it in a new bottle.

After the "Steam Updating" dialog reached 100%, wine displayed "Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to start Steam Engine: ... The registry is in use by another process, timeout expired." After OK, I was able to launch Steam anyway and login, but every install request says "The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request."

Random info:
(1) The Steam servers were not too busy to play on my Windows machine.
(2) chattr +D ~/.cxoffice/SteamBottle/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam/ yielded "Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on Steam"
(3) Troubles coincided with messy installation of ATI video card.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibVdIdnJQS21uS0s2R0wyUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9