Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam Quit Error

Hey Guys,

I'm using Mac OS X 10.7 on a mid-2011 Mac Mini and I am running CXG 10.2.1. I get this error whenever I close the Steam UI, go to my dock, right-click on Steam and press Quit (Closing the application, as you usually would):

I really don't know where to begin in regards to this error, can anyone lend a helping hand?

Thanks,

Jeremy ;)

UPDATE: This error only occurs every now and again, but I have no idea why. It usually happens after playing a game or having steam open for a long period of time - especially after downloading a game.

Don't use dock quit! Just don't!

There should be a menu option in steam that does quit. (Either that there should be a wine taskbar or something along those lines.)

Nolan Taeksang Yoo wrote:

Don't use dock quit! Just don't!

There should be a menu option in steam that does quit. (Either that
there should be a wine taskbar or something along those lines.)

I press the X on all Steam windows first then dock quit it. XD I have to do it the old fashioned way then? XD

Pretty much. :/

Thanks for your help anyway! :D I think this should be addressed in the future, once other problems have been sorted. ;)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVWNaRUJQUW5wS2RXdFZ4USIsImdkcHIiOjB9