Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Black Ops on Steam

New to the CrossOver community, and don't have any experience with porting so there might be a solution already, I can't seem to find it. Installing Steam is fine, but games with DirectX crash. When I launch Call of Duty: Black Ops, the menu comes up, but then when I load the game, it crashes and says the following:

"Error Exception"

Does anyone know how to fix this/had experience making this game work?

Running Mac OS X 10.8.2 on a MacBook Pro 15" Retina. I don't want to buy the mac version of the game, has essentially no multiplayer.

Hi, David,

Welcome to CrossOver!

I see you also commented on the Black Ops forum. Hopefully somebody over there can be of help.

(The Steam page is mostly for handling issues/comments about the Steam client and its features, so I'm not sure if anybody here can lend a hand.)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMmR3bXFrZzVBQ2dzVEdwdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9