Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam crashes after login

Hi,

I just started trying to use windows steam on crossover recently and I have yet to fully start up Steam.

I'm on a 2008 MacBook.
OS X 10.7.5
Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDRs SDRAM
Crossover version: 12.5.1

I installed steam by opening Crossover, going to Install Software -> Supported Applications -> and clicking Install.

Didn't have any issues with the installation but once I login and verify this computer with a new code it quits out of steam. I've tried this several times without any success. I also tried using the tip to remove 'ClientRegistry.blob' but that didn't seem to help either.

Let me know if any other information will be helpful!

This is a known problem. We just released CrossOver 13.0.1 yesterday to address this. If you upgrade to that version, it should be fixed.

Thanks for the advice. I upgraded to the new version and am now able to log into steam. I installed my first game (Orcs Must Die 2) and it 'runs' but when I actually get to the point where you start playing, the game functions but you can't see anything. Is there something else I should download specifically for this game that will help, is it something that I have to improve on my computer, or is this game not well supported on Crossover?

Thanks again, and sorry for the additional queries.

Open the bottle manager, select the bottle where the game is installed and go to the "Advanced" tab. There should be an option there (a check-box) which lets you turn off "performance enhanced graphics". See if that has any effect. There may also be an option to turn off the "Mac driver".

hi,

turning the legacy x window on solved this issue.

best,
mihai

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiemdMNkY4dk5QMm02WEphQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9