Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam crashes after login (Crossover 12.5.0 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS)

After installing Steam and attempting to login, the Steam client just disappears. I try opening it again but I'm stuck in this endless loop of logging in and closing. I've tried removing the bottle and reinstalling it, via the .exe from Valve and the tie file from here. Would anyone know how to fix this issue? I have Crossover 12.5.0 running on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Thank you!

Hello,

Yes, this is a known problem with version 12.5.x of CrossOver which was fixed in version 13.0.1.

Please read this wiki page on how to 1) install an updated version of Crossover and 2) install any potential missing library which CrossOver might depend on:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/Ubuntu/PrecisePangolin

If you get an error when doing sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 you can probably just skip it. It's usually something needed on Debian systems.

Thank you for the super prompt reply!

Totally did the job! Struggled a bit to install the .bin file, but I found you can just drag and drop it into terminal after like five billion attempts at typing it in. But thank you so much!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQndNcDRLRUc3UUdGQUc3QSIsImdkcHIiOjB9