Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam no longer logging in

Hi all,

Since the recent update that has changed the Steam interface, I am unable to log in. I'm on a new MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.4 with a fully updated 13.2 version of CrossOver. I have redownloaded Steam and installed it in a new bottle, but after it has updated it refuses to connect to Steam servers. It appears that this may be due to steamwebhelper.exe crashing each time I open steam in CrossOver - would this be the reason it is unable to connect to the internet / steam servers? If so, how do I get steamwebhelper to run again?

Regards

Edan.

I just tried and it appears that they're having some issues. Not even the native Linux client can connect. Is this something that happened to you today?

Update: seems services are up again. Currently updating my Rise of the Triad game.

A good place to check Steam's status is:
http://steamstat.us/

Cheers Silviu, I just came back to say the same thing and apologise for my mistake when I saw your reply. It appears we checking my CrossOver Steam coincided with a few issues on the server. I should have checked my native Mac Steam first - which indicated to me, and a similar website to the one you suggested, that the servers were down across the board. The updated Steam on Crossover is working now, minus a few graphical glitches (multicoloured pixelation lines across parts of the interface, but nothing that'll completely inhibit me from using the program).

Cheers again.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYTVjZ2VOUXBBTFZZcjN3NiIsImdkcHIiOjB9