Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Recent update breaks games

I am using v9.1.0 and I have been playing both Titan Quest (Immortal Throne) and Sacred Gold for the past few days using either a Cyborg Rat 5 or 7 mouse (just upgraded to a 7, and using ControllerMate for programming) and even tried the trackpad (playing on a 2.26GHz Macbook with 4GB) and a Razer Salmosa, and am unable to get started with these 2 games. Titan Quest (not the expansion) I can actually click on menu options (it takes 2 clicks, where it used to take 1), but the other two I am unable to click on Start Game, Load Game, or anything, even though they highlight.

I had been playing earlier tonight, quit to eat, came back and Steam notified me there was an update, so I told it to run while I was finishing up. Wondering if anyone else is having similar problems, I could at least narrow it down to Steam, Crossover Games or ControllerMate! Thanks

I have tried posting this in the Titan Quest forum as well, I've only tried those games, hopefully it's something that can be fixed soon

Try this, it worked for me in Oblivion (steam) as I recently had mouse problems.
You have to disable steam community in game (the shift-tab overlay).
In steam, at the top click on steam -> settings -> in-game (tab) -> un-check enable steam community in-game.

Hey folks, some games (Counterstrike 1.6, HL) still load overlays (in-game community) when they start and were still locking up. You can manually disable the overlay DLL by doing the following and it should get the game working again.

In Crossover Games go to the Configure menu, Manage Bottles, highlight your Steam bottle, click the Control Panels tab, and open Wine Config.

In Wine Config go to the Libraries tab and enter a new library named "gameoverlayrenderer" and press the Add button. Then edit that new library entry and set it to Disabled. Then try CS again, it got my copy running again.

We're working on a built-in fix in the next update of Crossover Games to correct this issue.

Greetings.

Thank you for the fix for being able to finally click to start Oblivion. Very helpful.

Unfortunately, now when I'm in game, the mouse cursor is constantly pushed to the bottom of the screen for no apparent reason. I am using a Logitech MX1000 laser mouse with the Logitech drivers installed under OS X. I've used the mouse extensively with Guild Wars under CG 9.1 and haven't had any trouble.

Any suggestions? Oblivion is unplayable right now (unless you like a character that can only stare at the floor. Permanent case of bashfulness.)

Hey Kim,

Are you still having problems with the mouse? Are there any other circumstances where your mouse is pushed down?

Same issue with the mouse, but in my case it's BIOSHOCK and the mouse is uncontrollably pushed to the top of the screen. It starts when the game finishes loading, and it makes playing (or even exiting) impossible. To kill it off and get control back, I have to alt-tab into a terminal window and pskill it. Frustrating, as it WAS working, then Steam updated, and now it doesn't. I've already turned off the in-game interface and set the library exclusion mentioned above. The only thing that's changed is now I get a "Program Error" dialog, and then the game loads. Any suggestions welcome. :)

Cheers,

KeithF

...hehe.. I just posted another thread here within minutes of you,
coincidentally mentioning some other weirdness since the latest
Steam update...(although really, dagger against Bioshock should
be posted in the Bioshock forum, not here =)... in any event, I
do have Bioshock so I'll poke at it with a stick later..err.. you
should mention some details.. OS, video, crossover version...

...I'll likely post back to the Bioshock forum about that observation...

Cheers!

edit: correction ... I do have Bioshock, but it's not the Steam
release (doh!)... sorry 'bout that - I blame my age ;)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia0Z2S1hwdHdxZ1RkVGg1QSIsImdkcHIiOjB9