Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam won't show store or download Apps

Currently, Steam won't download any apps or show the store while running. Steamwebhelper also crashes within a minute of starting steam. Steam is installed as a Windows 7 Bottle.

Can you please provide more information. Versions of Software you have installed, Operating System, etc.

I have it downloaded as a Windows 7 bottle, made sure to download DirectX and DirectMusic into the bottle to handle game requirements, if any. Also, my computer is a Macbook Pro 13 inch with currently 8 GB DDR3 RAM, and an IntelHD 4000 Graphics Card. Recently updated to Crossover version 18 and also Mac OS X 10.14 Mojave

Did you use the Cross-Tie Editor?

The current things installed as part of the cross-tie are:
Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) 3.0
Core Fonts

No, the CrossTie Editor is where?

Hi Benjamin,

Are you on the Steam beta channel? It looks like a Steam update has potentially broken things on Mac, and we are seeing similar behavior to what you described. However, we only started noticing this behavior today. A new bug was filed in our system, and if you write in to support (you can use the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page) you can be added to the list of folks that we will inform when the bug is fixed.

I do not want to discourage you from troubleshooting here, but I just wanted to let you (and anyone else seeing this problem) know that we are looking into it currently.

Thanks,
Anna

PS. If you installed Steam with the "Install Windows Software" button and selected "Steam" from the dropdown list, then you used a CrossTie. The CrossTies are recipes that install necessary dependencies and change settings in the bottle automatically.

Thanks, I will keep a look at the possible fixes.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidTZZazRUTUh1NTZRc3VteSIsImdkcHIiOjB9