Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam icon not visible under Programs

I followed the instructions here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TdCV7fn2CA

I have an M1 MacBook Pro
Running Big Sur v11.2.3
I downloaded the latest version of CrossOver v20.0.4 (trial)

Installed no problem on Mac.
1) Chose Install Windows Application
2) Searched for "Steam"
3) Selected Steam option
4) Clicked Continue
5) Clicked Select Bottle
6) Selected New Windows 10 64-bit bottle
7) Clicked Continue
8) After install Steam launched and I signed in
9) Steam updated
10) I exited Steam
11) Installed DXVK (built in) to bottle
12) Installed DirectX for Modern Games to bottle

Steam installs but no icon for Steam under Programs. How do I launch Steam? Thanks!

Hi David,

Huh, that's strange. You can try going to the Configure menu in CrossOver, and then selecting "Clear and Rebuild Programs." I'm not quite sure why an icon wasn't created for you, but hopefully that will create one for you.

Best,
Meredith

Run Command > type "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" with quotes > save command as a launcher > wait a few seconds until it pops up

hope that helps

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicjlZR0xTOVlSZlBTYkFRQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9