Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Content file lock

Hi, I am trying to download and install some games to my external ssd over steam with crossover, but everytime I choose my external drive as an install location I get the content file lock error. Now I can install games just fine to my internal drive with no errors. It is only external ones that give me the content file lock error on steam. Is there an issue with read/write permissions causing this or is there something I should be doing to make this work?

If anyone has a similar issue it is caused by having the wrong format system on your drive. You need APFS format or extended journal. Also you can make your life easier by using this tutorial to put your bottle on the external drive as well. https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/faq/cxofficemacbottlelocation

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMkdUQnpxZ1YzU1lQd1dIMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9