Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam saves not syncing on M1 Mac

A lot of PC games are running really nicely via Steam on my M1 MacBook Pro, but cloud sync for saves isn't working at all... whenever I install a game I've previously played on PC or Mac, it starts up as if I've never played it before, even though the Library window is showing the correct total play time etc.

Anyone else experienced this, and know how to fix?

Do these games support cloud saves, and do you have cloud saves enabled for them? To check this, right-click the name of the game in your Library, and go to Properties. The general tab includes info on cloud saves: there will be a checkbox to enable them if the game supports cloud saves.

Best,
Meredith

Hi... yes to both. Most are games that I've played natively on multiple machines/platforms before with sync working. I've checked the per-game settings as well, and cloud save is enabled (the default).

Example: Rocket League... play time stats are correct, but when I open it in CrossOver, I'm back to being a Level 1.

I just did a test with a MacBook (bootcamp into Windows) running Steam and Crossover on my M1 Mac mini. No issues with the cloud sync on bootcamp, but crossover on M1 had some issues.

Will keep testing to see what else I can find out about this situation.

After checking my steam game's cloud settings, I launched it, and it gave this sync issue

Joash Chee wrote:

I just did a test with a MacBook (bootcamp into Windows) running Steam and Crossover on my M1 Mac mini. No issues with the cloud sync on bootcamp, but crossover on M1 had some issues.

Hi there,

If you just click the little cloud icon to force a sync, does that work? I've seen this occasionally on a variety of platforms, and that typically does the trick for me.

Best,
Meredith

did you fix it?

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Joash Chee wrote:

I just did a test with a MacBook (bootcamp into Windows) running Steam and Crossover on my M1 Mac mini. No issues with the cloud sync on bootcamp, but had some issues.

Hi there,

If you just click the little cloud icon to force a sync, does that work? I've seen this occasionally on a variety of shell shockers 2, and that typically does the trick for me.

Best,
Meredith

There is nothing happening when I click on the cloud icon. I don't know what happens.

I have the same issue.
I think it might have something to do with steamwebhelper.exe
Normally that's a service that runs in the background right?
On my system it opens and just does not close anymore, there is always a symbol of that exe in the taskbar.
That's not normal behaviour, right?
Did the same things as mentioned (force cloud sync with button etc.): Doesn't work...
Anyone else with the same problem?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia1FhYlZHc0hzQ0FndE1MVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9