Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Launching steam errors after redownloading Crossover

Hi there,

For context I used to use Crossover years ago and today saw the email about a discount so decided to download again. Had previously used it to launch steam with absolutely no issues at all.

Have attached screenshots of my issues. Basically no steam icon seems to appear to allow me to actually open steam once installed. You can see in the screenshot of the bottle that all my games etc are listed, (maybe from when I used it previously?) I also tried to install steam again on a new bottle, but the installation largely failed, with all fonts failing to install.

Really disappointed as despite the discount I shelled out some money for what I thought would be as smooth as when I used Crossover years ago. I am also aware that I may have spectacularly messed something up myself, lol.

Any advice greatly appreciated - am aware that things may have changed recently and the way to load Steam is different now or something!

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/OZMHsY5

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOFNTTExzOVVWNjl5QXZiTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9