Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam hangs at login in Crossover 14.0.3

I just installed the latest Crossover, installed Steam and Steam hangs after I enter in my username/password. Is there a solution for this yet?

Thanks!

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Mine just started to have the same issue.
It was working fine the day before, but now
it's getting stuck at the "[steam user account] connecting" window
and not launching the Steam client.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

I don't even get that far. It hangs the minute I click "Login".

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

We are looking to triage this issue. We have one system in-house affected.

Bug number 12643 is setup as an internal bug to track this issue.

If you are affected, please write to our support staff, info@codeweavers.com and reference bug number 12643.

We would like to know your operating system, version number, CrossOver version number.

So something like:

MacOS 10.10
CrossOver 14.0.3

Ubuntu 14.04 64bit
CrossOver 13.2

We will update as we have more information.

Does changing the bottle type to 'Win7' (from WinXP, which is the general default) allow you to log in?

(You can change this in the 'Applications' tab of winecfg. winecfg is available on OS X in the 'Control Panels' area of CrossOver's main window, when a bottle is selected.)

You will want to be sure to stop and re-start CrossOver to make sure this setting has taken effect, then re-start Steam.

Got hit by this too and as a bonus the Linux Steam client seems to get afflicted too after the windows client seems to hang on trying to log in. So, I closed both clients and I logged in through the web interface. Then started the Linux native client which stalled a bit but then logged in. I then closed the linux client and started the windows one and that one logged in too.

Weird - we couldn't figure out in-house what was happening, but it seemed that tcp connections were being rejected by their servers for a day. That stopped, and so did the trouble as far as we were able to tell. (CrossOver / wine may have a bug which causes Steam to attempt to connect via TCP (as opposed to UDP) more often than it is supposed to, which might have made the odd behavior of Steam's servers have a greater impact on CrossOver users than Windows folks.)

At least, that's what I was able to gather from the folks who were actually debugging the problem... At any rate, it went away for us in-house after a day and we assumed it was just a server hiccup from Valve that got resolved.

I guess it could have been a "hiccup" and my messing around wasn't what actually fixed it :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibkM0OFpMY1hSWXo5S3RWUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9