Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cannot launch Steam with 14.0.0 and later

I dowloaded the latest Crossover Mac, 14.1.0 today, and set about to create a new Steam bottle. Everything looks fine, but Steam never successfully launches. It attempts to download the latest update, and promptly crashes out, never reaching a login screen.

The log file from the bottle install ends with:

** Fri Mar 20 18:15:42 2015
Starting '/Applications/CrossOver 14.1.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader' 'winewrapper.exe' '--no-convert' '--run' '--'
'/Applications/CrossOver 14.1.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib/wine/assocscan.exe.so' '--scan' '--icon-dir' '/Users/kajiai/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Steam/windata/Associations'

err:menubuilder:convert_to_native_icon error 0x8007000E getting frame 9
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
err:menubuilder:convert_to_native_icon error 0x8007000E getting frame 9
:cxlogfilter:exit

I've tried backing down to previous versions of Crossover with no luck, same results.

My Mac:
Late 2012 27" iMac, 3.4GHz Core i7 running Yosemite (10.10.2)

Cheers,
Anthony

Are launcher icons for Steam created? What happens when you try to run them?

A few other ideas:
) Instead of letting CrossOver download the Steam installer, grab it from www.steampowered.com and point CrossOver to it. Maybe they changed the Steam URL.
) Delete all files except of Steam.exe in the Steam installation directory and try again.
*) Try again tomorrow. Sometimes the local Steam mirrors are broken.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid1dIUVB5VjNZMnFCSHBScCIsImdkcHIiOjB9