Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Not Working with Crossover 16(?)

Hi everyone,

Just upgraded to Crossover 16 and tried to install Steam in a fresh bottle, all defaults accepted. However, it just seems to hang at when I try to log in. I can usually only get so far as to enter my password (OR sometimes the temporary verification code that gets emailed), but then it just hangs indefinitely. Is this happening for anyone else, and if so, does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks!

Hibba

EDIT: Tried setting taskset -c 0 as per https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/forum/steam?msg=175288#c1 and it looks like it worked!

Hmmm..... using Xubuntu 14.04, and Crossover 16, Steam works great for me. It will sometimes crash when I shut it OFF... other than that, its fine.

I am also having massive lag and numerous crashes with 16 and Steam. This is a step backwards.

So far Final Fantasy games (7,8, and 9), in addition to Splinter Cell: Stealth Action Redefined, and Worms Revolution, work fine on Steam with Crossover 16.0, chances are the problem is a .dll file or files of some sort missing from the bottle.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWjR1NmU3c1lTWlJGazg5eiIsImdkcHIiOjB9