Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam games

So I downloaded Steam, and was hopefully to try and get games like Riders of Icarus and Total War Warhammer to play on my Mac. Much to my dismay, I tried everything I could to make the games work after I installed them on Steam. I tried adding Direct X for modern games and Wine Mono to see if that would help but sadly it didn't. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. If someone could figure out how to run those types of games on Steam then I wouldn't have to have my Windows partition on my Mac.

Having the same problem, only that the games on Steam run really choppy with regards to the game and the audio. This is Crossover 16.2, so the problem for Steam hasn't been fixed. Assassin's Creed (the original), Splinter Cell: Stealth Action Redefined, Worms Ultimate Mayhem, Final Fantasy VII, and Final Fantasy VIII all run smoothly on Steam for me. I am using Mac OS X sierra, and am using a 2013 Macbook Pro. I think Steam's issues are a problem with Crossover that they are trying to fix with a future update.

Also recently tested was Fallout: New Vegas. The game crashes frequently and doesn't show correct textures.

Hm? Fallout 3 (same engine as FNV) works great in CrossOver 16.2.
I'm using 64-bit Windows 7 bottle Steam and 4Gb patch.
Could You also try this regedit tip?
https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;mhl=193765;msg=193765#msg193765

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic3B3Y0Jlc1h6ZUttZFRWdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9