Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam crashes with wine complaining about broken EXE

I don't know why Steam is rated Runs Well on macOS. For me it crashes slightly after Steam loads properly, complaining about [steam]/bin/gldriverquery64.exe being invalid exe.
A 64-bit exe should fail to run alright, as I'm using a 32-bit Win7 bottle. It's weird that Steam insists on it being present (no you cannot replace gldriverquery64.exe with gldriverquery.exe. Steam finds that out), but I guess I'll have to live with it. How do you guys deal with this problem and continue using Steam?

Using 64-bit Win7 bottle is out of question, as Chromium Embedded 64 doesn't play well with Wine64.

This problem shouldn't be occurring, I haven't seen it before on Crossover 18.5. What version of Crossover are you using? I have seen other similar issues with Linux users, and in a forum post one person claimed it was solved by completely uninstalling (wipe cache, etc) and reinstalling Wine (here that would be your Crossover install).

Edit: Are you using the steam CrossTie, or trying to supply the installer yourself?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOGNzaHI3c3ZRQzRxdGN1ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9