Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Network Problem with Steam

Hi,

I wanted to give a try to Crossover on my M1 Mac with Steam. But no matter how I install Steam in a new bottle (from the automatic "Install a Windows Application" or manually setting it up in a new bottle), the install runs fine, but Steam get stuck at launch complaining I must get online (which I am). I've unfortunately already tried the "-udpforce -allosarches -cef-force-32bit" trick to no avail.

Did anyone ran into some similar problem ?

Thx

Yes, I'm having the exact same issue. Been trying everything I can think of to no avail. Restarting the Mac allows for some progress, but Steam quickly loses the network connection again.

Hi folks,

Usually this error is related to local network settings. If you have iCloud Private Relay enabled, I'd try disabling it. And if you find that you can connect through VPN, that's also a good sign that something in your network is at fault.

Best,
Meredith

Hi Meredith ! Awesome !
facepalm I was pretty sure I disabled Private Relay and didn't even take the time to check ...

I disabled it for good this time and, long and behold, it works !

Thank you very much !

Awesome, happy to hear that worked! :)

Best,
Meredith

Nice, that worked for me too!

I had already disabled Private Relay on each interface in the network settings but apparently that didn't do it. When I also disabled it in the system preferences Apple ID section it all started working immediately. How frustrating! Thanks for the tip.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ1B3ZndnVlR5M1JDa2JVdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9