Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Logged into screen, see nothing but menu bars and empty black windows

This was working for me with my Intel-based 2012 Mac Mini, but no longer can see any content when launching Steam on Mac Book Air M1 running Monterey 12.2.1 and CrossOver 21.1.

All windows that open are black and blank, with no content.

Hi there,

This is usually caused either by antivirus software or a network issue. Are you running antivirus or CleanMyMac X? Do you happen to have Private Relay enabled? And does using VPN or connecting to a different network solve the problem?

Best,
Meredith

Thanks. Turns out that the third time I reinstalled into a new bottle, it started working. I don't recall doing anything differently that third time when it worked again.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVldUOGgzWHdVa1FkZjdnTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9