Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam blank login screen

anytime i open steam it comes up blank, i've re-installed and now the login screen comes up in a blank black window aswell.
i'm on an intel macbook air 2020 and my crossover version is 22.0.1

I don't have a solution but can confirm I'm getting the same behavior on an air 2019;

I've tried launching it with
-udpforce -allosarches -cef-force-32bit

That I've seen mentioned elsewhere but no change. Changing the bottle between windows 7 and 10 and installing manually and via crossover Gui with no change as well Also running 22.0.1

Same black blank box instead of login. Fresh Crossover install w. only Steam installed. M1 MacOS 13.3

Same here, blank login screen, running Crossover 22.1.0 on MacOS Ventura 13.3 M2 MBA

Same here, black Steam login screen after upgrading my 2021 M1 MacBook Pro to Ventura.

Have the same problem, in a MacBook Pro m2 pro, since ventura 13.3, it seems to be the MacOS update. GG

Same issue Apple M2 Prom 13.3 (22E25) tried all kind off bottles and settings + dxvx updates.

EDIT: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

• Download / Install into Bottle same folder as Steam (Using Windows 10 64 Bit)
  • Use "login <username> password" command
  • Use app_update <app_id> e.g. 220
  • Use app_run <app_id> e.g. 420 (copy the run parameters e.g. -game hl2 -steam)
  • Create new Shortcut to hl2.exe in Crossover
  • Run & Enjoy: https://imgur.com/a/yNFqbmI
  • Troubleshoot: Reboot Bottle if doesn't work, also kill hl2*32.xe if it doesn't show after app_run

Can you make a tutorial video?

Currently not, let me know if you get stuck somewhere

I'm new around here. Where do you enter that login command?

User Deleted wrote:

I'm new around here. Where do you enter that login command?

• Ok, create a Steam Bottle in crossover (I switched it do Windows 10 64 Bit)
  • Run Steam Once
  • Open the "Steam Bottle" on the right Menu, click "Open C: Drive"
  • Navigate to "Program Files (x86)\Steam"
  • Download and Unzip https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/client/installer/steamcmd.zip into that steam folder (steamcmd.exe should be directly in the Steam Folder)
  • Leave the Finder after putting steamcmd.exe in the right place
  • Back Crossover, click "Run Command" -> Navigate to steamcmd.exe again, Click "Save Command as Launcher"
  • Run the newly created steamcmd Application
  • It will show a Terminal window where you can input the "login" command and the other steps mentioned

Same issue here. Just updated M1 Pro MacBook to Ventura 13.3 today and figured that broke something but seeing other with the same issue. Steam sometimes won't even launch at all. Will just pop up in the Dock then disappear. Other times black box will appear with no interactive boxes. (assume it's the login box) Tired restarting Mac, reinstalling steam, reinstalling CrossOver. Nothing :(

FYI works with 22.11

Game process added : AppID 346110 "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterG
ame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGame_BE.exe", ProcID 468, IP 0.0.0.0:0
IPC client is in my process, could/should be using an in-process pipe.IPC server
 is in my process - could/should be using an in process pipe
Game process removed: AppID 346110 "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ARK\Shooter
Game\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGame_BE.exe", ProcID 468

Steam>```

Immediately crashes. I suspect BattleEye, any ideas how I can start the game without it?

I tried -NoBattleEye but I don't think thats it. I think thats for the dedicated server.

Joshua Moore wrote:

Same issue here. Just updated M1 Pro MacBook to Ventura 13.3 today and figured that broke something but seeing other with the same issue. Steam sometimes won't even launch at all. Will just pop up in the Dock then disappear. Other times black box will appear with no interactive boxes. (assume it's the login box) Tired restarting Mac, reinstalling steam, reinstalling CrossOver. Nothing :(

Having the same issue here, I just bought CrossOver, no matter how many times I tried. Steam icon is sitting on the dock, nothing is showing up. Did you manage to fix it? if so, how?
Kinda want my money back. Is there a way to send a log or something?

I'm having the same problem. Running Crossover 23.0 on MacOS Monterey 12.6.8 (Mac Studio M1 Max) and only getting a black window when launching Steam.. I tried re-installing,different bottles, command lines etc. but nothing seems to fix the issue. Was considering updating my mac to Ventura but it seems people are also having this problem on Ventura :/

Hi,

I came across a post where the steamwebhelper was discussed.
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/6516193260168858474/
They talked about an issue with Steam when the Upscaling > 100%.

So I tried to play with the Screen Resolution in

Crossover Bottle -> Wine configuration -> Graphics -> Screen Resolution

Sometimes Steam grants me with the Login Screen and opens when I set the dpi to a value above 216 dpi.
I have no idea why it works, but I was able to login to Steam and access my Library.

Unfortunately, I now get a black screen on any game that I start (I tried a few).

1 to 17 of 17

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWWhNUFZzTnVrZWNHdUt5dCIsImdkcHIiOjB9