Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam won't start

Hello everyone,

I recently got the trial version of CrossOver, I've installed Steam, and after writing my credential to login into my Steam account, I see the loading small screen of "connecting Steam account: "my_steam_account" and then it closed, no popup errors, no nothing. Can you help me to figure it out? Is there a way I can report you a log to help you help me?

I'm running CrossOver on M2 Mac mini 13.3

Thanks in advance

Hi. One thing that seems to be a problem for some people (myself included) is screen resolution?

Are you using a laptop with an external monitor connected? If so, try starting Steam without the external monitor.

If not, try different resolution settings (lower is usually better) to see if that solves the problem.

Once Steam starts, you can reconnect the monitor and/or charge the resolution.

I had this very problem just like you described when my external screen was attached, and yes, as mentioned - without the external screen, steam started up. I could then plug it in again and it kept running.

Running CrossOver 22 on Macbook Pro M1 14''.

Annoying, though.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZkVyWUNhOVBQWkx3dVZOUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9