Supreme Commander Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Graphical Glitch

Does anyone have any recommendations for fixing this graphical issue I am running into? I am running Crossover 11.03 on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 on a Core i7 MacBook Air which has Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics. I updated Supreme Commander to version 3220 and the cutscenes play and the menus render fine. The problem is when I actually start playing a game, the in-game graphics are completely messed up. It appears that all 3D models (trees and units) are exhibiting this glitch while the map and any UI elements render fine. I would appreciate any help I could get to fix this problem. Thanks.

Narles wrote:

Does anyone have any recommendations for fixing this graphical issue
I am running into? I am running Crossover 11.03 on Mac OS X Lion
10.7.3 on a Core i7 MacBook Air which has Intel HD Graphics 3000
graphics. I updated Supreme Commander to version 3220 and the
cutscenes play and the menus render fine. The problem is when I
actually start playing a game, the in-game graphics are completely
messed up. It appears that all 3D models (trees and units) are
exhibiting this glitch while the map and any UI elements render
fine. I would appreciate any help I could get to fix this problem.
Thanks.

I don't really have any suggestions at this time but I would like to request that you gather a log file with the flags +seh,+tid,+d3d,+d3d9. We have tutorials for both Mac and Linux systems (on the chance that there is also a Linux user seeing this).

Then, send an email to ninjas@codeweavers.com and reference bug number 9577.

Caron Wills wrote:

Narles wrote:

Does anyone have any recommendations for fixing this
graphical issue I am running into? I am running Crossover 11.03
on
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 on a Core i7 MacBook Air which has Intel HD
Graphics 3000 graphics. I updated Supreme Commander to version
and the cutscenes play and the menus render fine. The problem is
when I actually start playing a game, the in-game graphics are
completely messed up. It appears that all 3D models (trees and
units) are exhibiting this glitch while the map and any UI
elements
render fine. I would appreciate any help I could get to fix this
problem. Thanks.

I don't really have any suggestions at this time but I would like to
request that you gather a log file with the flags
+seh,+tid,+d3d,+d3d9. We have tutorials for both
Mac
and
Linux
systems (on the chance that there is also a Linux user seeing this).

Then, send an email to ninjas@codeweavers.com and reference bug
number 9577.

Thanks! I will do that.

I have installed and tried the game on my 2011 MBAir with same OS and specs, and it looks just like on your screenshots.
The graphics card seems to be the problem, because it is an integrated graphics card (many games don't support them) that has very few shader units and is relatively slow.

Even if one could resolve this bug, the game would still be unplayable as unit count, and/or map size increase:
Supreme Commander computes and renders all bullets as physical objects in realtime and checks collision with the other units. Unless you have a better computer, i would suggest trying a less demanding game (this unfortunately excludes Forged Alliance and Supreme Commander 2, too).

The screenshots of SupCom here were taken on my iMac late 2009 with an Radeon HD 4580 and the game ran nicely on larger scale.

I had this issue until I hand-edited the Game.prefs file to adjust the resolution to what I wanted (2560x1600) and reduce the fidelity to "medium" (as suggested by a post in the Tips & Tricks). That allowed me to start playing skirmish games, but three times the game froze while I was zooming in/out. I haven't looked into it any further as I prefer to play Forged Alliance and that appears to be working, at least well enough that a quick skirmish game played through.

I am using CrossOver 11.3.1, Supreme Commander and Supreme Commander Forged Alliance as installed via Steam, onto a MacBookPro Retina running OS X 10.8.2.

magicmidna wrote:

I have installed and tried the game on my 2011 MBAir with same OS
and specs, and it looks just like on your screenshots.
The graphics card seems to be the problem, because it is an
integrated graphics card (many games don't support them) that has
very few shader units and is relatively slow.

Even if one could resolve this bug, the game would still be
unplayable as unit count, and/or map size increase:
Supreme Commander computes and renders all bullets as physical
objects in realtime and checks collision with the other units.
Unless you have a better computer, i would suggest trying a less
demanding game (this unfortunately excludes Forged Alliance and
Supreme Commander 2, too).

The screenshots of SupCom
here
were taken on my iMac late 2009 with an Radeon HD 4580 and the game
ran nicely on larger scale.

Just wanted to confirm that this appears to be the case. I tried the game on a system that was running dedicated graphics hardware and the issue is not existent. I appreciate your help.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicnBraEg2bWRjM2E1cnRObiIsImdkcHIiOjB9