Supreme Commander Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Current state as of 6.2.1 release

It installs in a basic bottle , but since it fails to run and the gpgnet stuff fails to run it makes it hard to update it.

However, using a current copy from a Windows XP box and adding to windows\system32\:

d3ds9_31.dll
faultrep.dll
X3DAudio1_1.dll
userenv.dll (also you need to use winecfg and enabled it in the Library section, since by default it is disabled)
winsta.dll

Then I can do a Program->Run of the SupremeCommader.exe and it kicks back:

Please verify video hardware meets minimum specifications. Please ensure system has current video drivers.

Then I have to wander over to another machine, ssh into my Mac and kill off CrossOver application.

So, looks like it wants some DirectX 9c feature that isn't accessible in wine/CrossOver. It has no effect if you step through the pain of installing a complete DirectX 9c.

Figured since no one has commended on this game. That I'd throw out a bone.

where did u get the dlls from??

I'd really like to get this to run. I'll have to see what I can do to figure out why it doesn't work. I even tried the demo (figuring it would be less demanding), but it still just self-terminates (I'm using Crossover Games).

It does work in crossover games 7 (linux) then you follow the instructions listed on winehq, I have it running just need to patch it some more to fix the audio de-syncing issue. WineHQ setup

But change the reg setting HKCU/Software/Wine/Direct3D/OffscreenRenderingMode and set it to fbo

Change it to this instead HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/AppDefaults/SupremeCommander.exe/Direct3D/OffscreenRenderingMode and set it to fbo

Hope that help

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic1BwUDJTQVd6dnBBNVF5VCIsImdkcHIiOjB9