Supreme Commander Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Followed everything by the letter.... and graphics glitch

[i]
[b]1. Install SupCom in an XP Bottle

1. Patch the game on a windows computer due to the issues with .net framework (affects manually patching and gpgnet auto patching)

2. Replace the old supreme commander folder in program files/thq/gas powered games/ with the new patched supreme commander

3. Open winecfg and add supremecommander.exe click apply

4. Now go to programs run command

5. Select the SupCom Bottle

6. type 'regedit' and hit run

7. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine

8. Click wine so that it is blue then right click it and click new key

9. Name the new key Direct3D

10. Click Direct3D so that it is blue

11. Right click anywhere in the area under where it says default and click new string

12. Name the first String OffScreenRendering then click ok then double click the new string and type fbo

13. Repeat but name the string UseGLSL and type enabled

14. Quit regedit and Supcom should now run

15. You need the d3dx files from 24 to 41
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3527680/D3DX%20Files.zip

16. And to get Sound to work you need to change the default Sample Rate to 48000 in the audio tab of winecfg
    plus you need the X3DAUDIO from 0 to 6 and the XACTENGINE 0 TO 10
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3527680/X3DAUDIO%20AND%20ENGINE.zip[/b][/i]

Installing, patching (got patches here: tinyurl.com/ya8we33 used "all inclusive patch"), replacing, adding (although supcom does not show up on the list of added programs after reopening winecfg), registry editing, sample rate changing, all went without a hitch. I downloaded all the appropriate d3dx, X3DAUDIO, and XACTENGINE files and extracted the dlls to windows/system32/. Supcom starts without any glitches what so ever, and the sound works fine. However, as soon as I start any Campaign or Skirmish mission the graphics go NUTS. All of the lettering on the screen is unreadable, the icons are distorted and for the most part, the hud is barely legible. If I pull up the in game menu (escape key) the graphical issues get worse; to the point that I can barely see outline of the menu in the pixel forest.

All in game settings are default.
Supcom Version: 1.1.3280
Crossover Games Version: 8.1.4

Here are some screen shots;
Normal Menu Screen
In game screen looks fine until you zoom in or out/ click anything important (rectangle in center of the screen is of my doing NOT A GLITCH)
Then it goes nuts
If you press escape things get worse...

Unfortunately there is no fix at the moment we are currently waiting for cxg 9 :S

Alex

P.S. Funny though that SupCom 2 works without these glitches
P.S. These glitches only occur on some graphics cards :(

I'm having a similar error with supcom FA... Is that fixable?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ3FxcmVwZmNrV3BMTG41YyIsImdkcHIiOjB9