Syberia 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Gog Version works with Visual C++ 6

Just install Visual C++ 6 redistributable in the same bottle and it works great. There are sound glitches on the menu, but not in the game. If anyone know how to do the Crosstie thing, that should be all that is needed.

Everard Edwards wrote:

Just install Visual C++ 6 redistributable in the same bottle and it
works great. There are sound glitches on the menu, but not in the
game. If anyone know how to do the Crosstie thing, that should be
all that is needed.

Hi,

Unfortunately no, that isn't all that's needed for a crosstie - if you're interested
in providing the other data required, let me know...

Cheers!

I'm happy to try.... what else is required?

in tips and tricks it is mentioned c++6 is needed. Also for the original version.

I was so sure I did make a crosstie for this, but seems I was wrong. If I find a moment will try to make one, but if you fancy making one feel free :)

Hi again,

The other critical elements are the <installeddisplaypattern> or <installedkeypattern>
values (just one of these, not both) - you can obtain that info by following the directions
on the following C4 page..;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/beginningc4ps

The relevant section is about halfway down that description. I myself, think it's handy
to know whether or not the app runs in emulated virtual desktop mode or not, as I will
routinely enable this in crossties if applicable (ensures most games will start first
up - not all games do this if left at a fullscreen startup scenario). You could also
include the full name of the installer file...ie; setup_sybeeria_11.exe or whatever it's
called, and that will save cxg-10 (or better) users having to manually select the file.

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWUxiY0FZd2hORTNFOXhFQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9