Syberia Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GoG version not quite working

I installed the GoG version in CXGames 10.0.0, in a WinXP bottle and it came up with the inital screen and then crashed. Running with a log gave:

001c:err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP60.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\GOG.com\\Syberia\\Game.exe") not found

I fixed this by installing the Visual C++ 6 redistributable into the same bottle from the Crossover menu. The game now starts and sound works but gives only a black screen. I now have the following errors:

000b:fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33e820,0x00000000), stub!
000b:fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33e7fc,0x00000000), stub!
000b:fixme:ddraw:DirectDrawEnumerateExA flags 0x00000007 not handled
000b:fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33e2d8,0x00000000), stub!
000b:fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
000b:fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
000b:fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA NVidia, disabling mixer
000b:fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x15bc38,0x151738): stub
000b:fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33e778,0x00000000), stub!
000b:fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 16
000b:fixme:d3d:buffer_PreLoad Too many full buffer conversions, stopping converting

The one I suspect is the problem is the not changing screen BPP from 32 to 16. My screen appears to be claiming it is 24 bit, but I tried setting it to 16 bit and that didn't help. Doesn't make any difference whether it is fullscreen or in a window either, so perhaps the problem is not as straightforward as it seems.

I see reports of this problem with other games, but I don't see a fix...

Weirdly, with exactly the same setup Syberia II works almost perfectly....

Hi,

When you say you get a black-screen, is that your entire display, or just
inside an emulated virtual desktop?

Cheers!

Just in the emulated virtual desktop. Sound is working OK and presumably so is input (if I hit esc it goes from the initial music to the menu music).

seems GoG made some changes to the game as c++6 is not needed by the original, and with that introduced the issue you got with the blackscreen. I suppose setting the bottle to different windows version does not change anything ?

I had the same problem until I tried applying DMCA, after which the game worked flawlessly.

Note: The version of Syberia GOG sells is the one included in the Syberia 1+2 Collectors Edition.

Ah yes, got it working fine. The WineHQ page for Syberia has some information that helps get it going without the black screen: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19734

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU0dodTd3R3d0TjlIelA3aCIsImdkcHIiOjB9