Syberia Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

unload debugger and try again

I keep getting this error message when i try to run the game. "unload debugger and try again"

I installed the game in win 98 bottle and did full installation. I'm even running it in a virtual desktop... no luck.

please help 😊

From what I can gather using google is that safedisc can throw this message up, which is the copy protection, I never encountered this myself but then my CD is the original from 1-aug-2002 (yeah I put labels on them ;) ) Could be yours is newer and they changed the copy protection over time ?

Hi,

It's either that, or the discbased DRM works in linux and
not in Mac (due to limitations in the OSX drivers)..

Cheers!

I'm surprised this has got a gold. Both Syberia and Syberia 2 do not work for me. I have the compilation pack of both games and all I can get is the game company intro screen then it disappears to the desktop. I also have the original games but they won't work either, even no cd patched from Gamecopy. I have followed all instructions in vain, running in virtual desktop 1024 x 768 etc.

Ian Kelly wrote:

I'm surprised this has got a gold. Both Syberia and Syberia 2 do
not work for me. I have the compilation pack of both games and all
I can get is the game company intro screen then it disappears to the
desktop. I also have the original games but they won't work either,
even no cd patched from Gamecopy. I have followed all instructions
in vain, running in virtual desktop 1024 x 768 etc.

It seems the problem with the compilation pack is the copy protection, the 2002 CD which I use does not have that issue, all I need to do is make sure its mounted and the game will run flawless. I would suspect that the version they sell at gog.com works in a similar way, but can't be sure since I don't have that version.

for testing of crossovergames 9.2.0 RC1 I did the complete full install as described in the tips and tricks, and have to say it still works as written in the guide.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSHMyaGhrMmVuV1hrVnB0biIsImdkcHIiOjB9