Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Telltale's serial registration fails in CXG Linux 10.1.0 - Fixed

The demo works like a marvel. Telltale's registration process fails miserably, at least as used on this title.

I'm positive every other distribution works Gold, but Telltale's Doesn't Work.

Anybody care to see a 33MB log file with +seh,+ntdll,+trace debug flags? It's kind of frustrating. They're a prolific company, and most of their games are at least Silver, but first one must get past the authorization bits, either by finding the proper dll settings, or the proper distribution.

Edit: Only the initial logging in fails.

Hi....

What are you putting into the bottle before the installer?

Cheers!

Hi, Don,

The usual: MS HTML 7, .Net 2.0, DirectX.

I tried MS HTML 6 but the downloader is offline. I also tried CX HTML IE8 mode.

MS HTML 7 seems like the best bet, though. It at least lets me put in the serial number. I tried a few different native/builtin settings for ieframe and mshtml as well.

All the attempts were with a brand new bottle each.

Thanks, Don!

I could not find a way to have that initial log-in process to fail so far, so I've written the steps to be followed in the Tips & Tricks section for now.

Once that is figured out, I still have one question:

Do we leave the crosstie in v9.1, with the Tips & Tricks URL in the Installation Notes?

Or do we change it to v10, and set the URL in the postinstallurl element?

Alejandro Moreno wrote:

Thanks, Don!

I could not find a way to have that initial log-in process to fail
so far, so I've written the steps to be followed in the Tips &
Tricks section for now.

Once that is figured out, I still have one question:

Do we leave the crosstie in v9.1, with the Tips & Tricks URL in the
Installation Notes?

Or do we change it to v10, and set the URL in the postinstallurl
element?

Ummm...I think I'd leave the existing crosstie as is, and just add <postinstallurl>
(which will only get used by CXG 10+) ... then both bases are covered more or less...

...actually, looking at the load-out for this title, you can abbreviate the predeps
of (7854,directx9modern,1578) back to the single predep of 7558 (for CXG 10 anyhow,
I'm not sure if that holds true for CXG-9.x) ; if CXG-9.x needed -all- of directx
(100+mb) then so be it, but CXG-10 only needs dxwebsetup (<20mb) by the looks, and
that might be sufficient reasons to have 2 profiles, but like I say, you'd need to
establish the case ;)

That would be pretty nice. I'll install 9.1 and try it out.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid2U2Z1JwQTZHRUhraGR4TSIsImdkcHIiOjB9