Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Is this game supported?

I got an email a couple weeks ago announcing CrossOver Games 8.0.0. It states: "Version 8 now supports Left4Dead, Tales of Monkey Island (via Steam), and
a range of other new games."

But the page at http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name?app_id=5814 says: "Steam version of this game is known to work with Crossover, but please note that this application is unsupported in any form."

Which is it?

I've installed Crossover Games 8, installed Steam, but I'm a little nervous about clicking the "buy" button because I've never used either CrossOver Games or Steam, I'm not real familiar with Windows, and if anything goes wrong I wouldn't even know where to begin troubleshooting.

I think we forgot to update the appdb. The game is supported - if something goes wrong we'll help you, just file a support ticket. Note that only the Steam version works, the cd based one has copy protection issues.

Lisa Thompson wrote:

I'm not real familiar with Windows

Sorry this is off-topic but I just have to say this: congratulations! :)

I have tried and failed to purchase the game via Steam three times now. I enter my address and payment information and click to go to the final commit page and it has stalled each time. The button says "Working..." with the ellipsis animated but I never get the next page. I have let it run like this for as long as 30 minutes. In the meantime I have successfully made purchases on the web with the same credit card, so I know that is not the problem.

@Lisa

Regarding your purchasing issue, I've also had it stall out when clicking the Purchase button within Steam, displaying only "Working..." until I finally close it down. First off, I verified that these failed purchases were not charged anywhere, so there's no need to worry that you may have been billed when it didn't go through. Second, here's my workaround:

You can actually buy your Steam games directly from the Steam website in a browser outside Crossover, then supply your Steam login information during purchase. The purchase will work normally, then you may return to Steam inside Crossover, and the new game will be applied to your account.

So, basically, you can make your Steam purchases in a normal web browser outside of Crossover, and the freezing purchase issue won't pose a problem.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieXpBVEI3SkdCU2Q5OEtwOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9