Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Episode 3, Lair of the Leviathan, does not start...

Hello my dear CrossOver heros!

After some help I have been able to install and start Episode 1 and 2. I've played them, I've loved them, I've finished them.
Now I can not wait to play Episode 3. I installed it exactly the same way, but every time I push "Launch game" I get this annoying wine message that the ToMI executable caused some error. Zapp, everything away...

Please let me know if you have similar problems or if this bug is my private one... ;)

Thanks,
Florian

I've got the same problem.

Cheers,

Frederik

Same problem for me.
I had a similar problem with all my Telltale games after the upgrade to Snow Leopard, but found a workaround with the help of Codeweavers' Ken Thomases ( see forum thread https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=25;msg=62013 ).
However, this "workaround" does not work with Lair of the Leviathan.
I tried several other things but with no success thus far.

Edit: Problem solved thanks to pygy on the Telltale forums: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12509
The D3DX9_41.dll file is not in the Lair of the Leviathan folder.
I copied it off the Siege of Spinner Cay folder and it works great now!

You are my hero of the day! (And pygy as well of course... ;)

Thanks a lot,
Florian

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNEsyUVdTSk5YcTVjc1I0ZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9