Team Fortress 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game crashes shortly after choosing character

Hi all,

For some reason, after I pick my team and character, I get a wine error message after about 2-10 seconds of play. It says that the program hl2.exe has experienced an error and needs to close. I think there was an update yesterday, perhaps it has something to do with it?

My specs are as follows:

Gentoo 64-bit (also on an AMD processor if that helps)
Nvidia GTS 250 1GB Ram
4 GB RAM
Crossover Games 10.1.0

Thanks,

Hibba.

Hi,

Last week or such there was an update which broke things for
-some- people (including windows users) - I checked it here
24hours or so ago, and although it was being weird with intro
music, it seemed to be okay...

...now, just now, as I go to recheck it again, it's involved
in another update =) ...I'll post back...

Cheers!

Thanks, looks like it's fixed now. I think TF2 updated again, maybe that fixed it.

Hibba.

Yeah, I hope so ... it's still working here after the latest patches, but,
the patches of last week didn't break it for me, so I'm naturally unconcluded
one way or the other ... just need to keep an eye on it - TF2 does this a bit...

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWGRCUnN2QnVGQnVMZ2ZNSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9