Team Fortress 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Team Fortress 2 is in Black and White!

The latest update of Steam has broken Team Fortress 2 in that everything appears in Black & White.

With thanks to the Wine Community for finding it, we have a temporary workaround while we work on a more permanent fix.

From the Steam launcher, right click on "Team Fortress 2" and select "Properties"

Click "Set Launch Options"

Add "-nod3d9ex" to the launch options

Click "ok" to complete the change

Launch Team Fortress 2

This does workaround the menu problem. The game seems to take a huge performance hit when using this launch option, however.

Eric Wolfe wrote:

This does workaround the menu problem. The game seems to take a
huge performance hit when using this launch option, however.

Right you are!

But the good news is that after handing out the workaround so everyone could continue play, our developers were able to fix the bug.

CrossOver Games 10.2.1 is now available for download.

Please feel free to give it a try!

@Caron -- 10.2.1 seems to fix this and the -nod3d9ex launch option is
no longer required ...

Cheers!

Caron Wills wrote:

But the good news is that after handing out the workaround so
everyone could continue play, our developers were able to fix the
bug.

Fixed the black/white menus for me. Have to still use the -nod3d9ex option or it crashes with CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer when I load a map manually through the console, or shortly after connecting to a server. I tried removing the bottle and re-installing TF2 fresh with cxgames 10.2.1 with no luck.

Thanks! 10.2.1 seems to work.

i can confirm 10.2.1 fixed it

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSDRnck50RmhBUndkcm5xZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9