Team Fortress 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Strange Font Rendering

I hope the number of images isn't considered obnoxious. At any rate, the font for the server list is illegible and other in game text renders strangely and not consistently. As you can see a whole word or sentence to just a few letters can be affected.

I'm having the same issue. I tried font substitutions, but with no success. I can't figure out what font it is attempting to use and why.

On a similar note, Crossover's font substitution list could use some improving and this may have something to do with it. The ReactOS replacement fonts for the Microsoft CoreFonts are starting to be better than the original, while maintaining proper metrics, so it might be a good idea to switch to them.

Which OS video driver are you using?

If you have a valid Windows license, you could try to copy all files from C:\windows\fonts from a Windows installation into the bottle.

There are still issues rendering certain Windows fonts in Winelib.

Specifically: Winelib uses 256 shades to antialias fonts, while Windows only uses 16. Windows has it's fonts created specifically to take advantage of this, (especially the large segments that automatically become pure black or white). Thus it's hinting is different than on Linux and Mac.

I think I'm having the same issue with CrossOver on my MacOS Mountain Lion. I used the CrossOver install for Steam and I noticed that it installed TrueType fonts. Now when I play games like "Empire: Total War" the fonts are almost unreadable as in the included samples:

Is this the same issue being discussed or is this possibly a different issue?

I'd love to know a fix for it as well.

Thank you

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1laQVFxc3NuNDZXUzlURSIsImdkcHIiOjB9