Team Fortress 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Linux and Mac now supported by official binaries

There are now official binaries out for Linux and Mac. They were in private Beta since the April 1, 2012 release, and closed public beta since sometime in October last year.

There are still some minor bugs, and some of these bugs hit some people rather hard, but it runs surprisingly well on Linux considering the port is less than a year old.

I would still consider the Linux version beta quality. However, it does function OK. It functions well enough for me to move my support request vote to another application.

Edit: As of May 2013 the Linux version works perfectly, and it is publicly available. The only reason to continue using Crossover for this is Dogfood Testing. They also ported over some of the improvements from the Linux version over to the Mac version, so from what I've heard people who used to have issues with the Mac version will likely no longer experience those issues.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieHRINGN5M1BrVjZ4aEx4YyIsImdkcHIiOjB9