Team Fortress 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

TF2 other crash x11

Hi everybody, i just installed tf2 with crossoer but every time i try to connect to a server a x11 window appears saying "X11:engine error failed to lock vertex buffer in CNeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer"
what can i do?

mac book pro
mac os 10.5.8
2.5ghz intel core 2 duo
3g ram
GeForce 8600M GT 512Mo

i tried with -dxlevel 80 and 81 and 90

If you haven't already I would redownload all of the game files. Also what OS is your bottle? And reinstalling directx couldn't hurt anything either.

no i haven't, but i'd rather not!
the os is winxp how could i reinstall directx?

do you have any conflicting software ? have you tried the routine list of updating your graphic card drivers ? :)

No I don't have conflicting software.. I don't think so
sry but what is the routine list?
I have retried with -dxlevel 80 works sometimes but barely still same message
i ve reset also in English tf2
all my steam games work perfeclty without any config except tf2

Well...A year or more ago, there has been a extremely long post about this error...though the exact issue has never been pinpointed..

Have you checked your drivers ..? are they up to date ?
i also get the same message...after upgrading to 64 bit Linux...
Which leads me to think that the graphic card driver creates the issue here...

however , its too early to say what is the exact problem ..

do you know how to run a debug ? If yes , please run one and upload a log file ..

sry but i do not know

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidHRtemh4blFjYlRmcnZZYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9