Team Fortress 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

TF2 won't start

I installed TF2 using Orange Box DVDs and when I click on it it just closes steam and nothing happens. No error message.

Any help?

Make sure that you are using crossover games, and not just crossover. Remember when you buy Crossover Pro you have to download the programs separately, they are not the same. Once you have made sure that you are using Crossover Games, install steam from the supported software list. Instead of installing TF2 with the disc, just make sure that the cd key is registered to your account and then download the files instead of actually installing them off the dvd. There have been so many updates to TF2 you don't save a whole lot of time using the disc anyways.

Samuel Bell wrote:

There have been so many updates to TF2 you don't save a whole lot of
time using the disc anyways.

Yes, this is very true. I have a friend who just got TF2 and after he installed the game from the DVD's, the update took about 2 hours or so.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU1dxVUxDN0V0UlI2dmRZZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9