Team Fortress 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crashing: Memory leak?

Hey, I've been getting some pretty consistant crashing on my Mac Mini (2 GHz Duo, 2 GB memory). It doesn't suddenly quit, instead it just hangs/freezes.

It happens while I am playing, and usually when something big is happening (someone getting hit by two rockets, minigun and other guns firing at the same time) near me. What happens then is the sound that happened about a second before that repeats until I press Apple Q, open up activity monitor, and force quit Wineloader. It also does this, but fixes itself, whenever I open up the achievements menu, options menu, or any other menu for that matter. Also, when I look at it in Activity Monitor, it is up in the 700 MB + range in the "Real Memory" zone.

Common Error? Stupid thing I did?

Thanks,

Chris

Its a pretty common error. Really all you can do is lower the graphics settings and eliminate background processes.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTVNZeFVyYXlNc3ZGSGJHRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9