Team Fortress 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

TF2 keeps crashing on Snow Leopard

I am running on 10.6.2, 8.1.4 Crossover Games.

I am on a Mac Pro, 8 Cores, 6GB of RAM. Nvidia 8800GT. Plenty of power.

But I can't play TF2 for more than 10 minutes. I am running at a very low resolution, windowed, all graphics settings turned down, vsync on, fps_max 60.

It seems that the TF2 crashes are sound related however. Everytime it crashes, it freezes and a sound is stuck on repeat. If I force quit crossover games, the sound remains until I restart. The only way to get rid of it, is to kill the winloader process in Activity Monitor.

I have tried everything on these forums to make it work. I honestly had better luck on 7.2 with 10.5.8.

I want to be able to move forward, but it seem with every update, it gets shakier and shakier.

Anyone have any ideas?

It has been quite bad lately, and I found that Snow Leopard is quite a bit worse than Leopard. Have you tried Direct X 8?

sorry, forgot to mention that im running on dxlevel81

Does it crash if you play on a server that you create? I found today that certain online servers crash mercilessly, but when I create my own it works alright. I know this isn't really a solution to the problem, its more of a test to tell where the instability lies.

it doesn't crash when I create my own server, but theres no one playing, so it's hard to tell.

Try creating a server on a map like walkway, where bots are continuously spawned for you to attack. It will simulate the strain on your graphics, without any of the stress of an external server.

created a bot server with 24 players on pl_badwater, experienced a sound-related crash from the explosion at the end :(

I have found crashes are most common right after starting, and right at the end of matches as well.

Is anyone running on Leopard having these same issues? I wonder if it's CXG or Snow Leopard that is the problem.

hm.. with the info provided so far , it is really hard to determine whether CxGames or SnowLeopard is the cause of the prob..

I experienced this problem with Leopard as well, but there was a definite FPS decrease upon switching to Snow Leopard in all Source Engine Games, for me.

judging by that post...the only variable was Snowleopard..

therefore , snowleopard should be the casue of the problem
A reason why S.L might be the cause.
Graphic card drivers arent really stable...

I had the problem with and without Snow Leopard.

hm..interesting ...
hey Samuel :P ( what a coincidence ...same name as me..lol ) you mind post a crash log of the crash ?

I will do that next time I get a crash. And yes, we both share the most awesome name in the Universe.

Samuel Bell wrote:

I will do that next time I get a crash. And yes, we both share the
most awesome name in the Universe.

Hahaha!!...excellent 😎

1 to 16 of 16

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTlFtYnk1Skg2ZHdReFVNQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9