Team Fortress 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problems with steam connection.

Hi

Steam seems to be having connection problems with crossover games.
I would say 9 out of 10 times I try to log onto a server, it times out.
It only seems to happen during the loading screen, and the screens before I spawn.
Once I get the game rolling everything works fine.
usually, either the loading screen times out, or I get a small red "connection error" in the top right hand corner.
This is not only a Team Fortress2 problem either. It seems to just be a general issue with steam.
Right now I only have Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike, but it seems like it will be an issue for all my steam games.

Does anyone think they can help me with this?
I've only just started using crossover games, and so far orange box is the only program that really works for me.
Unfortunately, even though the games work excellently, I can't seem to get online with Steam.

I am:

Imac
2.8 Ghz intel core duo
2GB RAM
ATI Radeon 2600 HD 256MB

and my internet connection is otherwise solid.
I am running the latest version of crossover games, although it does not say the specific version number.

Simon wrote:

Hi

Steam seems to be having connection problems with crossover games.
I would say 9 out of 10 times I try to log onto a server, it times
out.
It only seems to happen during the loading screen, and the screens
before I spawn.
Once I get the game rolling everything works fine.
usually, either the loading screen times out, or I get a small red
"connection error" in the top right hand corner.
This is not only a Team Fortress2 problem either. It seems to just
be a general issue with steam.
Right now I only have Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike, but it
seems like it will be an issue for all my steam games.

Does anyone think they can help me with this?
I've only just started using crossover games, and so far orange box
is the only program that really works for me.
Unfortunately, even though the games work excellently, I can't seem
to get online with Steam.

I am:

Imac
2.8 Ghz intel core duo
2GB RAM
ATI Radeon 2600 HD 256MB

and my internet connection is otherwise solid.
I am running the latest version of crossover games, although it does
not say the specific version number.

Hi,

Thanks for mentioning this - I'm seeing the same behavior here (.au) on CXG with linux (nvidia9400gt-512/x2-4000+)
but seemingly only with source based titles as far as I've seen so far. This has started happening only recently I
might add...so either a steam update has incidentally created this and/or something's changed their end ...nothing's
changed our end recently...

Cheers!

I think I find the going a little easier with the current beta client;

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1140062

I have tested this on my Ubuntu Karmic machine and there are connection issues with Steam. My main problems were with Steam friends and not with TF2 servers but apples are apples. I would head over to the crossover Steam GUI forums and definately check out the beta Steam client and wait for a fix.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVWUzUndadjhmR1k2V1RMOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9