Team Fortress 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

you guys arent gettin $ from me...

im running a 2 GHz intel core duo mac mini. i tried crossover games with this game and what happens? lags like crap. so i put it in windowed mode, but it freezes. so i restart my computer. now when i click launch team fortress 2 it just flashes a white screen and crashes. and thats with -novid on. without it i get to see that super cool bald dude then a few logos then it crashes when it gets to the game. im using the trial and so far not pleased.

fixed the crashes, going to try and fix the lag.

What's your FPS at?

The console command is "cl_showfps 3" - no quotes

Odds are the problem is that you are trying to play a Direct X 9 game on a computer with no video card. Although I almost never advise against getting crossover, if you are finding it to be more trouble than its worth you could wait for steam for mac to come out this April and try to play TF2 that way. I wouldn't hold my breath for being able to play many games on a mac mini though, it doesn't really have much power in the video department.

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x27a2
Revision ID: 0x0003
Displays:
SyncMaster:
Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

dont know if thats good or not, the lags gotten alot better from some things i did but is still bad

sovrcat wrote:

Intel GMA 950

There's your problem! I believe that's the worst GPU you could have with CrossOver. The games wouldn't run even on PC well with that GPU.

Unfortunately that computer doesn't meet the minimum required specifications for running TF2 so you will not be able to play it smoothly unless you purchase a computer more suitable for gaming.

Way back when in 2007, I pretty much couldn't run TF2 through any versions of WINE. My eventual guess was my pidly NVidia 5500. Looking around New Egg, I was able to get a 7300 for $25 on New Egg, and it ran just fine (in directX 8 mode).

I would suggest getting a similarly cheap card now. Probably in the low 9000 range. It should help A LOT.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicHpTUDc3MkJ1RXA2bkFteCIsImdkcHIiOjB9