Team Fortress 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

9.0 Beta 7

Windows XP bottle
Fresh steam install through the install programs dialogs (as opposed to "cxstart steam.msi" or something similar)

Team Fortress 2 is installed along with L4D2 and Torchlight (both installed, neither launched)

TF2 crashed continually with messages reportig missing WAV files.

Deleted local content and reinstalled the game.

So far the experience with Beta 4 was decidedly better. I've been able to play one game, but it's still locking and/or crashing a lot more than 8.1 ever did.

First, what system specs do you have? Thats definitely important.

Just so you know, I'm pretty sure theres something odd going on - I haven't had any of those issues at all(Though, I've been running recent Nightly builds, which should be close to that beta).
I have had map-changing crashes, but I haven't had any in-gameplay crashes recently.

Hi,

First thing to say here is this thread is -really- off the beam here ;
these comments should be part of a beta report...in Mr. Cab's respect, being
a customer (and not an advocate), he can't access the beta reporting page ;
in -this- case, submit a support ticket on the issue, and it will be treated
as a beta report by the Ninjas. The second thing to say here is actually a
quote from the nightly builds pages..."[i]Please do NOT post test results or
feedback of any kind about the nightly builds in the public forums[/i]"...m'kay?
...no big deal, just a case of 'site etiquette' ... 8)

Third thing to say here is that there's other threads here regarding that
problem (missing/corrupt .wav files) and I don't -believe- there's anything
wrong with TF2 perse - this thread shouldn't be here ... it relates to something
something else...ie; the version of CXG you're using..

@Mr. Cab -- email info@codeweavers.com about this, include your system information
(OS/machine type/videocard and so on), that way it'll be reported 'properly' ;)

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU0NDTDNCWUMyUExXVmRzciIsImdkcHIiOjB9