Terraria Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

There is a working Mac wrapper

Built with MonoGame, here: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/terraria-mac-wrapper.15236/

Presumably the same approach could work with Linux. Probably not a clean path to use this work for CrossOver, though.

But that's a monogame wrapper and its only for Mac OS X 10.6. [FULL STOP] ONLY MAC OS X SNOW LEOPARD.

BTW I'm working on it now...

Terraria won't work unless there is a suitable .NET Framework n4 and XNA installable on CrossOver.

I'm trying to install Virtual PC 2007 and see if that can help...

This is surprising....

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=23556&iTestingId=63917

Try that maybe...

I'll give it another shot using just CrossOver not CrossOver Games...

Question: Why doesn't .NET Framework v4 work on CrossOver and yet its got high rating on WineHQ?

(Terraria sale on 2011-12-01 got me to this forum.)

That WineHQ page has a very interesting workaround for installing .net 4.0. Will certainly have to try that.

.net 4.0 has a Garbage rating in WineHQ, so I don't understand the question.

Alejandro Moreno wrote:

That WineHQ page has a very interesting workaround for installing
.net 4.0. Will certainly have to try that.

.net 4.0 has a Garbage rating in WineHQ, so I don't understand the
question.

I think he means that there is a way to port Terraria to another os other than windows via mono, so he was wondering if mono can do it then couldn't crossover/winghq do it as well. ~ I think thats what he means.

Hubert Lao wrote:

Alejandro Moreno wrote:

That WineHQ page has a very interesting workaround for installing
.net 4.0. Will certainly have to try that.

.net 4.0 has a Garbage rating in WineHQ, so I don't understand the
question.

I think he means that there is a way to port Terraria to another os
other than windows via mono, so he was wondering if mono can do it
then couldn't crossover/winghq do it as well. ~ I think thats what
he means.

I just got Terraria working using Crossover 12.0b5 (Beta) for Mac after installing .NET 4.0 into the bottle I created for Steam. Thanks for the tips. The game plays great! :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWEdwTjlyaDc5eFRMcFczWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9