Terraria Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

net4 integration still not working as intended? can't get terraria to start...

Using MacOS 10.8.3 on a 13" MBair, CO 11.2.2
Used the Tie installer. Problem already arises there that the net4 component aborts installation. So even if I can get Steam to run, I can't get Terraria to run.
The other thread here states some other work-arounds, but I don't see them applicable for me.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I think you just need to upgrade to a newer version of CrossOver. This method worked for me with CrossOver 12.1.0, and I've just confirmed that it still works with version 12.2.2; although, I encountered some strange errors:

While attempting to repair the .NET Framework 4.0 installation

"Repair Did Not Succeed

.NET Framework 4 Client Profile has not been repaired because:
HRESULT 0x80070643

[…]"

While attempting to install the XNA Framework

"DXSETUP.exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error

Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application."

thanks! the upgraded version did the trick.
I did get an error upon installing the net4 framework when running terraria for the 1st time, but it still works.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3ZlZ0g3eFJUSFFBY3IyeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9