Terraria Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

[Resolved] Install failed with provided tie

Hello,

I can not install Terraria with the provided tie: each time I have "Steam failed to install (Retry, Ignore, Abort)".

CrossOver version: 12.5
Log: Terraria.log

Ok I found a way to solve this error:

1. Install Terraria using the tie (via CrossOver or via the green button here)
  2. When the Steam error appear, choose "Ignore" and finish the bottle building
  3. In bottles manager, select "Terraria", go to "Applications" tab and choose "Install app"
  4. Install Steam in the Terraria bottle choosing english language from the dropdown menu at the right (<--- this is the trick)
  5. Steam will install and update itself. At the end, just install Terraria from Steam and all will be ok!

I don't know why but Steam via CrossOver don't like the french install. Not a big deal though.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibUdKd1NxWmJYdFVnRkc4bSIsImdkcHIiOjB9