Terraria Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Occasional and momentary freezing

Does anyone know of any CrossOver/Wine settings I could change to prevent Terraria from occasionally and momentarily freezing on my Mac? I've already tried changing the settings stored in the following registry keys, but none of the changes made any improvement:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D\AlwaysOffscreen
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D\OffscreenRenderingMode
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D\RenderTargetLockMode
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\OpenGL\DisabledExtensions

I've been playing Terraria with a friend who runs the game under Wine on Ubuntu Linux, and he doesn't experience this problem.

I'm using CrossOver 12.5 on OS X 10.8.5, and my MacBook Pro's dedicated GPU is an Nvidia GeForce GT 330M.

What sort of freezing is it? It's kinda hard to know what's actually causing the problem without more information. Personally, I'm using MacBook Pro 13-inch, Late 2011 model with CrossOver 12.5 and Terraria 1.2.0.3.1 and I'm not getting any problems apart from an easily work-aroundable emulated virtual mouse bug.

I'm on the exact same setup and also experiencing the regular hiccups. Once a minute or so it simply freezes for 2-3 seconds. Occasionally it lasts much longer. It's playable, but definitely frustrating. I'd love any advice.

I am experiencing the same issue, and I have a mid-2009 15 inch MacBook Pro (OS X 10.9, Crossover 13.0) with a dedicated GeForce 9600M GT GPU and a 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 duo. There will be a momentary pause or stutter that will happen every few minutes or so (sometimes more often) and can last 2-5 seconds or so. I have also been looking around for a solution and I am suspecting that the GPU is being underutilized since my CPU usage is typically +95% when running Terraria while my GPU temperature remains relatively low.

Did you install Terraria recently or did you upgrade an older bottle?

I installed it recently, but everything seems to be working much better since I went into the bottle settings for Steam and disabled performance enhanced graphics.

Alright so it's the same problem that I talk about in the article from the Tips&Tricks section. In case your bottles contain other games, you may want to enable "performance enhanced graphics" in the bottle and use the solution form the article which disables CSMT only for Terraria.exe.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN1JkOTZmQkhyeGNKZ3NmUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9